We Opt To Adopt

We Opt To Adopt

Friday, October 11, 2013

You're Welcome For The Groceries

DISCLAIMER: If you use EBT/SNAP or WIC you may not want to read this. You might not like what I have to say. You've been warned.

Like I've said before, we have our good days and our bad days. Although lately it seems that it doesn't take much to turn a perfectly good day into a bad day. For example, Ron and I went to the grocery store one evening last week. Bad, bad idea. It was the near the first of the month. As if it wasn't bad enough for the store to be packed with people whose carts are overflowing with food that we can't afford (but are paying for), but we are stuck in line behind a young pregnant couple that is using WIC vouchers and EBT/SNAP. First of all, it's annoying that those WIC vouchers take so long to process. Second of all, the pregnant girl that "doesn't have money for groceries" has enough money for designer jeans, fancy acrylic nails, and an iphone. All the while she's standing there rubbing her big fat pregnant belly.  It drives me nuts when pregnant women do that. Also, why do you need to hold your belly? It's not like the baby is going to fall out! Yeah yeah I know it's meant to be an act of love. But when infertile women see pregnant women doing this it's like they might as well just yell in my face that they are fertile and I am barren.

Just to clarify... I don't have a problem with people using EBT/SNAP or WIC. I think it is great for people who actually need the assistance. I do however have a problem with people who abuse the system. If you have money for the luxuries in life such as fancy clothes, fancy nails, and an iphone then I seriously doubt you need public assistance. You need to get your priorities straight. Get your lazy Cheeto eating, Mountain Dew drinking butt off the couch and find a job. Don't teach your children to think of the 'system' as a career choice, but do teach your children work ethic, pride, and to trash the idea of entitlement.

What it all comes down to is jealousy. I don't think it's fair that people who don't have the money to feed themselves or their families keep popping out children that they can't afford. Ron and I have worked hard to get to where we are financially, yet we pay to feed the people of WinCo and pay for adoption expenses to try and get a baby to call our own. And lastly, I'm super jealous of how the unhealthy food in their carts always looks better than the healthy food in our cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment